Before you begin
Your account must be approved for shopping on Instagram to feature products in posts and stories.
Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app.
How do I get approved for shopping on Instagram?
To become approved for shopping on Instagram, your business and account setup must fulfill the following requirements:
Your business must sell physical goods that comply with the merchant agreement and commerce policies.
Your Instagram account must be converted into a business profile.
Your business profile must be connected to a Facebook catalog. This can be created and managed on Business Manager, through Shopify or BigCommerce platform such as WooCommerce (this is what we will be using for you) or directly on your business’s page on Facebook.
Note: Shops created on Facebook pages that have country or age restrictions are not supported. The message to buy option is also not supported.
Once you fulfill the above requirements, your account is reviewed for access to the feature. Usually, the review process takes a few days.
If your account is approved, you’ll receive a notification from Instagram and be able to turn on product tagging through your settings.
After you have been approved
To enable the ability to feature products:
1. Tap to go to your profile
2. Tap Shopping
3. Tap Continue
4. Select a product catalog to connect to your business profile
5. Tap Done
If you don’t see Shopping under Business Settings, your account is probably still under review or it hasn’t been approved for shopping on Instagram. The review process can take up to a few days, but sometimes they may need to review the account in more detail, which can take longer.
To tag products in your posts:
1. Select a photo and add a caption, effects and filters
2. Tap the products in the photo that you want to tag
3. Enter the names of the products you want to tag, then select them as they appear in the search box
4. Tap Done
5. Tap Share
To preview posts or save a draft of a post, click Preview Tagged Products or Save Draft on the page that allows you to add a caption to your post, under Tag People and Tag Products.
You can tag products in both new and existing posts from your Instagram business profile. You can tag up to 5 products per single-image post or 20 products per multi-image post.
To add product stickers in your stories:
1. Select a photo or video to upload to your story.
2. Select the product sticker from the sticker tray.
3. Select the product from your catalog that you want to feature.
4. Move the product sticker to where you would like it to appear on your story. Note: If you would like to edit your product name, you’ll change it in your product catalog before adding the sticker. Text color of the product sticker can be changed by tapping the sticker .
5. Share your story.
For stories, 1 product sticker can be added per story. You can use the sticker with swipe-up, highlights, and videos.